Query hung in Cancelled_Requested state
Divya Gehlot
2018-10-26 03:15:24 UTC
I am using Dril 1.10 and I have query running for days and when I click on
cacel the query through Drill Web UI . It hung in Cancellation_Requested
state .
Is there any way to cancel the query using query id though terminal ?
Appreciate your help !

Thanks,
Divya
Kunal Khatua

Divya
Sorabh Hamirwasia
2018-10-26 06:04:19 UTC
Hi Divya,
If possible can you also try running same query on master ? There have been
lots of improvement/bug fixes in cancellation code path to resolve hang
situations post 1.10.

Thanks,
Sorabh
Divya
Divya Gehlot
2018-10-26 06:49:22 UTC
Hi ,
The query hanging in Cancellation_Request is one of the bug on Drill 1.10
and this issue has been resolved post Drill 1.10 .
That's why I am asking is there any way apart from Web UI where I can kill
the query using the query id ?
The queries that I am trying to kill are running for days .

Thanks,
Divya
Divya
Khurram Faraaz
2018-10-26 07:45:41 UTC
Hi Divya,

Please see link below for more info, I have added details of how to Cancel
a query using the REST API
https://drill.apache.org/docs/rest-api-introduction/

GET /profiles/cancel/{queryid}
Cancel the query that has the given queryid.

Parameter

queryid--The UUID of the query in standard UUID format that Drill assigns
to each query.

Example

curl
http://localhost:8047/profiles/cancel/29b2e988-35e7-4c85-3151-32c7d3347f15