Help for statistic functions
Nitin Pawar
2018-12-05 10:46:13 UTC

We have a multistep workflow system and in one of the step we do sum(x)
this step results the column being float-optional for next queries and then
functions start failing if the value is large float number (more than 8
digits)

Is there any setting where we can change this or it needs to be fixed in
code?
error we are getting is

Error: SYSTEM ERROR: SchemaChangeException: Failure while materializing
expression.
Error in expression at index -1. Error: Missing function implementation:
[covar_samp(BIGINT-REQUIRED, FLOAT8-OPTIONAL)]. Full expression: --UNKNOWN
EXPRESSION--.
Nitin Pawar
Nitin Pawar
2018-12-06 13:20:37 UTC
any help on this ??

just to put some more data on this
if a query has select count(1), sum(b) from c
then we keep getting the error mentioned above as count ends up being
bigint and sum ends being double and it is read as float-optional for large
numbers
Hi,
Nitin Pawar
Anton Gozhiy
2018-12-06 13:51:41 UTC
I was investigating this. Indeed, when one of the parameters has optional
data mode, Drill cannot cast the parameters to the same type, and there is
no "covar_samp" UDF that takes parameters with different types.
To reproduce this, I used a nullable column, bu I'm not sure if it is your
case.
You mentioned that it depends on the float number size.
It would be helpful if you share the whole query and describe what data did
you use.
Post by Nitin Pawar
any help on this ??
just to put some more data on this
if a query has select count(1), sum(b) from c
then we keep getting the error mentioned above as count ends up being
bigint and sum ends being double and it is read as float-optional for large
numbers
Hi,
Post by Nitin Pawar
8 digits)
Is there any setting where we can change this or it needs to be fixed in
code?
error we are getting is
Error: SYSTEM ERROR: SchemaChangeException: Failure while materializing
expression.
--UNKNOWN
Post by Nitin Pawar
EXPRESSION--.