unable to run drill sql in shell script
Divya Gehlot
2017-08-03 03:50:17 UTC
Hi,
I have installed Drill on windows Embedded mode.
Have a git Bash installed and I am trying to start the sqlline through the
shell script
SQLLINE="/c/ApacheDrill/apache-drill-1.11.0.tar/apache-drill-1.11.0/bin/drill-localhost
-u \"jdbc:drill:zk=localhost:2181\"";
$SQLLINE
Running query from bash
Error: Could not find or load main class sqlline.SqlLine
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
MaxPermSize=512M; support was removed in 8.0
Options which I have tried are :
1.sqlline
2.drill-localhost
3.drill-embedded

All gives the same error as above

Appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Divya
Padma Penumarthy
2017-08-03 04:18:58 UTC
Did you look at this link ?

https://drill.apache.org/docs/starting-drill-on-windows/

It says, to start drill on windows, do this:
sqlline.bat -u "jdbc:drill:zk=local"

Try that and see.

Thanks,
Padma

________________________________

Divya
Divya Gehlot
2017-08-07 01:44:51 UTC
yes thats the first step I tried and when I start drill using thatI get
below error :
*Command *:
apache-drill-1.11.0/bin/sqlline.bat -u \"jdbc:drill:zk=local\""

*Error :*

$ sh drilltest.sh
Running query from bash
DRILL_ARGS - " -u \"jdbc:drill:zk localhost:2181\"""
Calculating HADOOP_CLASSPATH ...
HBASE_HOME not detected...
Calculating Drill classpath...
Error: Could not find or load main class sqlline.SqlLine
Is it possible to run through git bash installed in embedded mode on
windows machine ?

Thanks,
Divya
Divya
Kunal Khatua
2017-08-07 18:30:33 UTC
You seem to be missing the jars in the classpath.

Notice the line before the error... "Calculating Drill classpath"

What you probably need to do is to navigate to your installation's bin directory and launch from there.