Trouble connecting to S3 - but can connect with AWS utility using same credentials
Add Reply
Jack Ingoldsby
2017-06-14 18:06:58 UTC
Hi,
I set up a demo bucket.but am having some trouble connecting using Drill on
Windows, embedded

I created an S3 storage plugin "s3citibike"

The keys below are real keys (don't get too excited, read only, no rights
to change permissions, only contains public data)

{
"type": "file",
"enabled": true,
"connection": "s3a://sisense.citibike",
"config": {
"fs.s3a.access.key": "AKIAJELPGZYEPGRP6VBA",
"fs.s3a.secret.key": "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",
"fs.s3a.endpoint": "s3-us-east-2.amazonaws.com"
},
I can connect with AWS Command line using these keys, query the directory
successfully but when I try to to query Drill with the following query

select * from s3citibike.'201307-citibike-tripdata.csv' limit 20

I get the following error

Query Failed: An Error
Occurredorg.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException:
SYSTEM ERROR: AmazonS3Exception: Status Code: 400, AWS Service: Amazon S3,
AWS Request ID: EC5BC0ED22743C1F, AWS Error Code: null, AWS Error Message:
Bad Request [Error Id: 91a33b5d-f8bb-476b-b09e-fddb6cf88693 on
LAP-MYCOMPUTER:31010]

It seems like a connection error, but nothing leaps out at me.

Thanks,
Jack