MySQL Storage Plugin Error
Charles Givre
2017-08-02 13:06:49 UTC
All,
I think we should open a JIRA about this. Basically, the error messages when you add or modify a storage plugin make it difficult to locate the problem. I encountered the same issue recently when trying to connect to MySQL and it turned out the error was that the user account that I was using was not configured correctly—on the MySQL side. However, the error I was getting suggested that the JSON was malformed. Bottom line, this is another area where we really should work on using more helpful error messages.

Perhaps we could use something like https://sourceforge.net/projects/codepress/ <https://sourceforge.net/projects/codepress/> or https://sourceforge.net/projects/editarea/ <https://sourceforge.net/projects/editarea/> instead of the blank textarea, as this would help with syntax errors.
—C
I faced a similar case before and after debugging I found that the
exception is squashed and never thrown nor printed. You'll have to debug to
find out the problem. I checked the structure of your JSON and it looks ok,
you may have a special character among those masked values or the
connection information are simply invalid. Make sure you can connect to the
DB using another client first.
Also did you restart Drill after placing the JAR ?
- Gelbana
What is the stack trace in the log?