Column alias are ignored when Storage Plugin is enabled
Rahul Raj
2017-06-08 07:12:47 UTC
Drill ignores column aliases when a JDBC storage plugin is enabled.

If I execute 'select destination as x from ...some.csv' the column name
appears as 'destination' instead of 'x' while JDBC storage plugin is
enabled. On disabling the storage plugin, drill returns the results with
aliased name 'x'.

This could be related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4903,
where results return the implicit columns(fqn,filepath etc..) as well.

Should I go ahead and raise a JIRA on this?

Regards,
Rahul
--
**** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the named addressee then you should not
immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.****
Kunal Khatua
2017-06-08 14:04:21 UTC
It could be related to these as well:

Please go ahead and file a bug. If it is related, they'll be linked and resolved together.

~ Kunal

Rahul Raj
2017-06-09 09:22:01 UTC
Created DRILL-5577 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-5577>
Jinfeng Ni
2017-06-09 20:17:37 UTC
I feel DRILL-5577 is more likely to be related to DRILL-5538. The cause is
an optimizer rule ProjectRemoveRule, which is added to query planner by
JDBC storage plugin if enabled. I believe Arina is looking for a fix.