Apache Drill takes 5-6 secs in fetching 1000 records from PostgreSQL table
Add Reply
j***@accenture.com
2017-05-30 09:53:58 UTC
Hi,

I am creating an UNLOGGED table in PostgreSQL and reading it using Apache Drill. Table contains just one column with 1000 UUID entries.
It is taking 5-6 secs for me to read those records.

I am fetching data using below query,

Select uuidColumn from pgPlugin.public.uuidTable

Is there anything that I am missing or any Drill level tweaking is required so that queries can be executed in milli-seconds.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jasbir singh

________________________________

www.accenture.com
rahul challapalli
2017-05-30 16:15:16 UTC
5-6 seconds is a lot of time for the query and dataset size you mentioned.
Did you check the profile to see where the time is being spent?
Post by j***@accenture.com
Hi,
I am creating an UNLOGGED table in PostgreSQL and reading it using Apache
Drill. Table contains just one column with 1000 UUID entries.
It is taking 5-6 secs for me to read those records.
I am fetching data using below query,
Select uuidColumn from pgPlugin.public.uuidTable
Is there anything that I am missing or any Drill level tweaking is
required so that queries can be executed in milli-seconds.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Jasbir singh
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have
original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed
by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates,
including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned
by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of
internal compliance with Accenture policy.
www.accenture.com