Drills' Hbase storage plugin
Add Reply
Ascot Moss
2017-08-12 08:11:51 UTC
Hi,

I have Hbase with Kerberos enabled, how to configure drill's hbase storage
plugin in order to access kerberos-Hbase?

Regards
Ascot Moss
2017-08-12 12:01:09 UTC
Does Drill's Hbase Storage support Hbase-Kerberos? I cannot find any link
about this.

https://drill.apache.org/docs/hbase-storage-plugin/
This link does not provide too much detail about Drills' Hbase Storage on
HBase-Kerberos.
Regards
Sorabh Hamirwasia
2017-08-15 02:14:59 UTC
Hi Ascot,

I am not sure if Kerberos between Hbase storage plugin and Hbase server has been tried before or not. Link in [1] talks about Kerberos setup between Drill Client and Drillbit. However looking into the code for Hbase and link at [2], it looks like if you can put a hbase-site.xml in classpath with corresponding setting, then it should work, since internally Drill's hbase storage plugin creates a HBaseConfiguration instance which loads this file in class-path and set corresponding settings for authentication. You need to create TGT for Drill process user (by running kinit, also information provided in link [2]) which will be running as HBase client to the server.

HBaseConnectionKey::getHBaseConf() {

return storeConfig.getHBaseConf();
}

Under HBaseStoragePluginConfig you can find this is how configuration is created:

public Configuration getHBaseConf() {
if (hbaseConf == null) {
hbaseConf = HBaseConfiguration.create();

}

}

[1]: https://drill.apache.org/docs/configuring-kerberos-authentication/<https://drill.apache.org/docs/configuring-kerberos-authentication/><https://drill.apache.org/docs/configuring-kerberos-authentication/>
[2]: http://hbase.apache.org/0.94/book/security.html

Thanks,
Sorabh