md5 function
Mick Bisignani
2017-06-12 02:11:48 UTC
is an Md5 (varchar) function available in Apache drill sql . I am looking to standardize on this particular hash function across multiple sql environments including presto, postgres and mysql

cheers

Sent from my iPad
Abhishek Girish
2017-06-12 05:24:01 UTC
There is no in-built function for MD5 afaik, but you can create a UDF for
it.

Please refer to a related discussion on the user list [1] and Drill
documentation on UDFs [2], [3]. Once you are done, it would be helpful if
you can please share your UDF with the community.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/drill-user/201611.mbox/%3CCAHp%2BJo4c4x2N6Ltfdju8YWE3mY6JJz3QZ%2BYn47Qk0T9im4XiAA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
(Also refer to other replies in this thread)

[2] https://drill.apache.org/docs/adding-custom-functions-to-drill/

[3] https://drill.apache.org/docs/develop-custom-functions-introduction/

-Abhishek