Can we Import the HDFS Query results to Any RDBMS using Apache Drill
Jagadeesh G
2017-05-25 14:49:01 UTC
Hello,

Hope you are doing Great!

My name is Jagadeesh,

I am new to the Aache Drill,I have a question that,
I would like to know that can we load the HDFS/Hive query results to any
RDBMS?

If yes, Please share me the reference link.

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jagadeesh
Chun Chang
2017-05-25 17:24:17 UTC
You can easily write a simple program to query using drill and load the results into RDBMS.

Drill supports writing to disk via the CTAS command [1]. So you can read
from RDBMS and write to HDFS. However, currently we don't support the other
way round.

Just curious, can you share what you are trying to achieve here?

[1] https://drill.apache.org/docs/create-table-as-ctas/

-Abhishek