Configure on Mac
andreas kuncoro
2017-08-10 16:09:06 UTC
Hello,

Where to configure apache drill file?
I've configure on this location:
/Library/mapr/drill/Setup

With this content:
[ODBC]
Trace=no

[ODBC Data Sources]
MapR Drill=MapR Drill ODBC Driver

[MapR Drill]

# This key is not necessary and is only to give a description of the data source.
Description=MapR Drill ODBC Driver DSN

# Driver: The location where the ODBC driver is installed to.
Driver=/Library/mapr/drill/lib/libdrillodbc_sbu.dylib

# The DriverUnicodeEncoding setting is only used for MapRDM
# When set to 1, MapRDM runs in UTF-16 mode.
# When set to 2, MapRDM runs in UTF-8 mode.
#DriverUnicodeEncoding=2

# Values for ConnectionType, AdvancedProperties, Catalog, Schema should be set here.
# If ConnectionType is Direct, include Host and Port. If ConnectionType is ZooKeeper, include ZKQuorum and ZKClusterID
# They can also be specified on the connection string.
# AuthenticationType: No authentication; Plain; Kerberos; MapRSASL;
ConnectionType=Direct
HOST=localhost
PORT=31010
ZKQuorum=[Zookeeper Quorum]
ZKClusterID=[Cluster ID]
AuthenticationType=No Authentication
UID=[USERNAME]
PWD=[PASSWORD]
DelegationUID=
KrbServiceName=mapr
KrbServiceHost=
AdvancedProperties=CastAnyToVarchar=true;HandshakeTimeout=5;QueryTimeout=180;ExcludedSchemas=sys,INFORMATION_SCHEMA;TimestampTZDisplayTimezone=utc;NumberOfPrefetchBuffers=5;
Catalog=DRILL
Schema=

This is the error message:

Connection failed.
[MapR][Drill] (20) Failure occurred while trying to connect to local=[HOST]:[PORT]

Could you help me to resolve that issue? I don't know where to configure and how.
Thanks a lot.

Andreas Sandhi Kuncoro
Information Technology Consultant
Phone: +622129414657 | Mobile: +6281807888433

PT Mitra Teknologi Solusindo
Tranindo Building 3rd Floor, Jl. Tanjung Duren Utara IV No 65A, Jakarta 11470
Rob Wu
2017-08-10 17:02:10 UTC
Hi Andreas,

For OSX, the DSN are installed automatically.

Check under
$HOME/.odbc.ini and $HOME/Library/ODBC/odbc.ini

Best regards,

Rob