Discussion:
[HANGOUT] Topics for 05/30/17
(too old to reply)
Gautam Parai
2017-05-29 19:59:37 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Hi Drillers,

The bi-weekly Drill hangout is scheduled for tomorrow (05/30/17 10 AM PT). Please suggest topics by adding them to this thread.

We will also ask for topics at the beginning of the hangout.

Thanks,
Gautam
Gautam Parai
2017-05-30 18:03:07 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Hi all,


Apologies for the delay in setting up the meeting. We are looking into the issue so as to avoid it from happening again.


Here are the meeting minutes.


Attendees: Gautam, Khurram, Muhammed, Padma, Paul, Pritesh, Vitalii


For the next few meeting we would also discuss some of the ongoing Drill projects with a wider audience.

The projects may include the following a) memory fragmentation b) spill to disk for agg c) external sort d) schema change e) config systems


Muhammed asked a question related to pushing down more than one join to the data source and also on how to access/use the distribution of the data. The use-case involves using a proprietary data source and pushing down joins/filters/aggregates and leaving Drill to process the rest. He will follow up the discussion on the Drill mailing lists.


Please let me know if I missed anything.


Gautam


________________________________
From: Gautam Parai <***@mapr.com>
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2017 12:59:37 PM
To: ***@drill.apache.org; ***@drill.apache.org
Subject: [HANGOUT] Topics for 05/30/17

Hi Drillers,

The bi-weekly Drill hangout is scheduled for tomorrow (05/30/17 10 AM PT). Please suggest topics by adding them to this thread.

We will also ask for topics at the beginning of the hangout.

Thanks,
Gautam

Loading...